- Distributor Part Numbers
- Related Products
- General Details
Units with high mileage often show up with a coast-downshift clunk when hot, ratio codes, long and soft shifts, and premature bushing failure.
Wear at the solenoid pressure regulator valve and/or wear at the lube pressure regulator valve will cause these complaints.
Solenoid pressure regulator valve:
The purpose of the solenoid regulator valve is to limit the pressure going to the solenoids. The spring is calibrated to prevent solenoid feed pressure from exceeding a predetermined PSI, no matter what main line pressure is. This is necessary to prevent more fluid from being fed to the solenoids than they can effectively regulate and limit what max line pressure output is.
If the pressure feeding the solenoids is too high or too low, their output will also be too high or too low. As a result, shift quality complaints and codes can occur along with low or high main line pressure.
Lube pressure regulator valve:
The valve body incorporates a lube pressure regulator valve that supplies oil to the bushings and to the required lubrication areas of the transmission. The lube regulator valve receives its supply oil from the line pressure circuit. The lube regulator valve steps down the line pressure to a level better suited for the lube circuit and the oil cooler. Consequently, when the lube regulator valve bore wears, the lube oil pressure drops in the lube circuit causing bushing wear.
The other issue is that wear at the lube regulator valve creates a loss of TCC release pressure. This allows the TCC clutch to drag or to be partially applied during coast down maneuvers. As a result, with the TCC clutch partially applied there is reduced amount of slippage in the torque converter which will cause a rough shift or a clunk during coast downshifts.
This solenoid lube regulator kit includes the tools and parts required to oversize the bore for the solenoid and lube pressure regulator valve. If you already have the tools and just need the refill kit, order TransGo part # 6R80-VBR-NT.
- Persistent coast-down clunk when hot
- Gear ratio codes P0731, P0732, P0733, P0734, P0735 and P0729
- Shift or solenoid performance codes P0781, P0782, P0783, P0784, P0829 and P0741
- Long and soft shifts
- Premature bushing failure
- No expensive holding fixture required
- Reaming spacer included to allow the use of the same reamer for both bores
- Reusable high-quality USA-made steel reamer
- (2) USA-made heat-treated guides
- Solenoid pressure regulator reaming spacer
- Oversized USA-made hardened steel solenoid pressure regulator valve
- Oversized USA-made hardened steel lube pressure regulator valve
- (2) Springs
- 2006-14 GEN1 Ford vehicles equipped with 6R60, 6R75, 6R80 and 6R100 transmissions
- 6R80 GEN2 1/2015-2020 with or without *Start/Stop
- 2003-up BMW, Audi, VW, Aston Martin, Rolls-Royce Maserati, Hyundai, Kia, and Jaguars vehicles equipped with a GEN1 ZF6HP19, ZF6HP26 and ZF6HP32
- This kit DOES NOT FIT ZF6HP21, ZF6HP28 or ZF6HP34 with GEN2 valve bodies
* Start Stop is an engine management feature that shuts off the engine during periods where it would otherwise be idling.
Use this solenoid/lube regulator repair kit with these valve body repair kits for exceptional results!