- Distributor Part Numbers
- Related Products
- General Details
The TransGo Ford 6R80 GEN2 SHIFT KIT® Valve Body Repair Kit fits 2015-2019 Ford vehicles equipped with the GEN2 6R80 only. If you are working on a GEN1 2006-2014, then use TransGo part # SK 6R80-A.
Common concerns with this transmission are TCC shudder, rough coast down shifts, gear ratio error and solenoid performance codes. Firstly, these complaints are the result of the wear in the pressure regulator (PR) valve bore and the pressure regulator valve balance bushing. Secondly, the torque converter clutch regulator valve design and calibration were in dire need of an upgrade to address the TCC shudder complaint.
Features and benefits:
The kit includes a hardened steel drop-in two-piece pressure regulator valve and a redesigned TCC regulator valves for a quick no-hassle install. Our drop in valves require no reaming or tooling.
Both the redesigned drop-in steel two-piece PR valve and TCC regulator valve feature longer lands which restores the hydraulic integrity of the circuit by utilizing previously unused and therefore unworn areas of their bore. Furthermore, the longer lands increase bore longevity by redistributing the load over a greater surface area. The kit also includes new rubber dampener inserts that flatten out over time and new wire retainer clips to replace the occasional broken one.
- 28-46 MPH TCC shudder due to TCC regulator malfunction
- Erratic pressure due to PR malfunction
- Soft or long shifts
- Coast downshift clunk
- Gear ratio codes: P0731, P0732, P0733, P0734, P0729
- Shift error codes: P0781, P0782, P0783, P0784, P0829
- Patent-pending drop-in USA-made hardened steel two-piece PR valve
- USA-made aluminum PR valve boost bushing
- Drop-in USA-made hardened steel TCC regulator valve
- (2) Calibration springs
- (4) New valve body bore plug wire retainers
- (6) New solenoid dampener rubber inserts