TransGo, LLC is an industry-leading manufacturer of valve body kits and components for the professional repair trade as well as racing and performance enthusiasts since 1959. Over six decades, TransGo has earned its reputation for exceptional quality, durability, performance and unmatched technical customer service, trusted by millions of customers, installers and end users. To that end, we go to great lengths to protect our intellectual property including trademarks, copyrights and utility patents from infringement.
Our product lines include SHIFT KIT® valve body repair kits to address common driveability complaints and failures, Reprogramming Kit™ performance valve body kits with custom performance and heavy-duty options as well as a variety of specialty components.
- TransGo owns the registered trademark “TransGo” for automotive transmission kits and components and installation instructions and has used the trademark on a regular and consistent basis in commerce since July, 1969. United States Trademark Registration No. 1,098,070
- TransGo owns the registered trademark “SHIFT KIT” for automotive valve body components and has used the trademark on a regular and continuous basis in commerce since September, 1967. United States Trademark Registration No. 1,401,099. Ownership of the “SHIFT KIT” trademark for components for automotive transmission is uncontestable as affirmed by the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in the action entitled TransGo, Inc. v. Ajac Transmission Parts Corp. et al, 768_F.2d 1001 (9th Cir. 1985)
- TransGo owns the registered trademark “SK” for automatic transmission valve body parts sold as a unit for installation in the valve bodies of vehicle automatic transmissions; and valve body kits comprising separator plates and springs for installation in the valve bodies of vehicle automatic transmissions. This trademark has been used on a regular and consistent basis in commerce since July, 1967. United States Trademark Registration No. 1,999,811
Any unlicensed use of any of these marks is a violation of our exclusive rights and may cause confusion among customers as to the source of the goods being offered. We take infringement seriously, monitoring and diligently protecting our intellectual property.
How to avoid buying counterfeited product
The best way to safeguard authenticity is to buy from trusted sources. TransGo sells our products through a professional distributor network. Authorized TransGo distributors can be found on our website page under the WHERE TO BUY tab. Some of those distributors sell products on amazon, ebay and other online ecommerce sites.
Tips to help you identify counterfeit parts
- Product (usually a kit) does not include installation instructions
- Product does not come in TransGo packaging
- Product is priced well below average market pricing
We welcome and encourage information on the sale of counterfeit TransGo products and keep the identity of our informants strictly confidential. If you have other questions, please send to: email@example.com
TransGo corporate contact information is as follows:
Attn: Communications Department
2621 Merced Avenue
El Monte, CA 91733-1997 U.S.A.