- Distributor Part Numbers
- Related Products
- General Details
This TransGo 48RE SHIFT KIT® Valve Body Repair Kit fits 2003 to 2008 Dodge and Ram vehicles equipped with the 48RE automatic transmissions with a gas or diesel engine. Common complaints on this transmission are TCC slip or shudder, 2nd gear band and direct clutch failure as well as torque converter drain-back.
Features and benefits:
The TransGo kit includes valve body and internal components that are designed for higher operating pressures. As a result, with MAX main line pressure set to 115 psi in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear and up to 160 psi in 4th or in lock-up, this kit provides a significant increase in torque capacity for all of the friction elements including the TCC clutch. These elevated pressure specs are ideal for the heavy-duty work truck as well as for pulling the fishing boat to the loading ramp. With the kit installed it brings a whole new driving experience to the truck while keeping the shift timing at the OE RPM’s for the optimal engine power curve. Therefore, the shifts are short and clean with no harshness, bang’s or clangs.
There are several innovative components in this kit. For instance, our line-to-converter feed system which helps the unit run cooler and promotes longer TCC clutch life. Also included is a TransGo pioneered manual valve to reduce overnight forward and reverse delayed engagement complaints due to torque converter drain back.
Lastly, this kit can be installed with the transmission in the truck. On the other hand, there are internal sealing rings furnished in the kit if the transmission is on the bench for overhaul.
- TCC slip or shudder
- Reduces converter drain-back
- 2nd band failure
- 3rd clutch failure
- Increases TCC and clutch element torque capacity
- Improves TCC engagement feel
- Provides short clean shifts
- (3) High-temp low shrink sealing rings
- Lower 1-2 accumulator spring
- Throttle valve spring (for optional later upshifts)
- Part throttle body transfer plate, pin and detent limit valve spring
- Part throttle valve spacer (for units with TTVA motor and modified computer programming)
- USA-made hardened steel manual valve with converter charge in park provision and cherry bomb
- Mumbly peg (for easy detent spring and ball installation)
- (3) 3-4 accumulator springs and plug for accumulator housing
- Transfer plate, tapered plug, spring, checkball and limit bushing
- 3-4 quick fill valve spring
- Main valve body separator plate
- Solenoid body plate
- PR valve shim, spring seat and inner spring for line-to-converter feed provision as well as outer spring for increased pressure
- Boost valve bracket and optional tuning plate
- (2) Drill bits