- Distributor Part Number
- Related Products
- General Details
This TFRE-PRO Reprogramming Kit fits 1995 and newer Dodge and RAM vehicles equipped with the 46RE, 47RE and 48RE automatic transmissions. Does not fit 1995-type valve bodies without the 3/16 checkball in lower channel casting.
Common complaints on this transmission are TCC slip or shudder, 2nd gear band and direct clutch failure as well as torque converter drain-back.
Features and benefits:
This Reprogramming Kit is designed for the aggressive sport driver with engine power additions that is looking for that competitive edge in transmission torque capacity. This kit includes valve body and servo components as well as internal components that are calibrated for higher operating pressures in all gears.
As a result, with a more aggressive pressure curve and MAX main line set to 185 psi in all forward gears, the kit provides as much as 75% increase in torque capacity for all the clutch elements including the TCC clutch. This kit includes our patent-pending triple valve body separator plate which allows you to achieve TCC operation in all forward gears in 1st to 4th on 46-47 RE type valve bodies.
Achieving TCC in the lower gears requires additional electronic control of the TCC solenoid (not furnished).
Keeping the shift timing at the OE RPM’s for the optimal engine power curve brings a whole new driving experience to the truck. Therefore, the shifts are short, clean and flat out hold as the power is rolled on. We feel this kit is the Holy Grail of 47-48RE valve body kits on the market, you are going love it!
Packed with patented components
There are several innovative components in this kit. One of them is our line-to-converter feed system which helps the unit run cooler and promotes longer TCC clutch life. Likewise, the TransGo pioneered manual valve reduces overnight forward and reverse delayed engagement complaints due to torque converter drain back. The kit also includes a drop-in detent ball bore repair bullet that works directly in the existing worn bore, this helps with difficult park dis-engagement problem. Similarly, the new drop-in TV and throttle reducing valve (boost) with relocated lands restores the TV pressure boost system functionality providing quick line pressure response in forward and reverse ranges. In addition, the valve body modifications provide increased flow to the direct clutch and band release circuit reducing 2-3 shift overlap.
Lastly, you can install this kit with the transmission in the truck. On the other hand, there are internal sealing rings furnished in the kit if the transmission is on the bench for overhaul.
- TCC slip or shudder
- Reduces converter drain-back
- Soft shifts
- 2nd band failure
- 3rd clutch failure
- 2-3 shift overlap
- Increases clutch element torque capacity
- Improves TCC engagement feel
- Provides full control of TCC apply in 2nd, 3rd, 4th as well as optional 1st gear lock-up
- Provides short clean shifts
- (3) High-temp low shrink sealing rings
- Lower 1-2 accumulator spring
- Front servo washer and optional spring (for oversized aftermarket servo)
- Rear servo optional springs, tapered spring and spacer
- Drill-guide plate, drill bit and drill-stop spacer to modify the valve body casting
- Boost valve bracket
- Drop-in repair detent repair bullet, spring and Mumbly peg (for easy detent spring and bullet installation)
- USA-made hardened steel manual valve with converter charge in park provision and cherry bomb
- Drop-in USA-made hardened TV valve, boost plug and tapered spring
- Part throttle body transfer plate, pin, spacer and detent limit valve spring
- Drop-in USA-made hardened steel throttle valve and spring
- Patent-pending triple valve body separator plates
- (4) Longer screws and washers for the hold down plate
- 3-4 quick fill valve springs (whites for Diesel engine, orange for gas)
- (3) 3-4 accumulator springs, vented accumulator cover, and plug for accumulator housing
- Transfer plate, tapered plug, spring, checkball, limit bushing and O-ring
- Solenoid body plate
- Lower valve body separator plate
- PR valve shim, spring seat and inner spring for line-to-converter feed provision as well as outer spring for increased pressure
- (3) Drill bits