- Distributor Part Number
- Tech Notes
For best results, use 3.8 to 5.0 band apply lever.
Note: transmission removal necessary to install band lever
- Related Products
- General Details
This TFOD-HD2 Reprogramming Kit fits 1988 to 2003 Dodge, Ram and Jeep vehicles with both small case transmissions such as the A500, 40RH, 42RH, 40RE, 42RE, 44RE as well as big case transmission such as the A518, 46RH, 46RE, A618, 47RH and 47RE with gas or diesel engines. This kit does not fit the 48RE transmission or the 2003 Dodge trucks with the 8th VIN code of ‘C’. Common complaints on this transmission are TCC slip or shudder, 2nd gear band and direct clutch failure as well as torque converter drain-back.
Features and benefits:
This TransGo Reprogramming Kit is designed for the aggressive sport driver and off-road enthusiast. This kit includes valve body and servo components as well as internal components calibrated for higher operating pressures in all gears. Designed to deliver a more aggressive and adjustable pressure curve with a range from MAX 122-137 PSI in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear and up to 145-160 PSI in 4th or in lock-up, the kit provides a significant increase in torque capacity for all the clutch elements including the TCC clutch. Keeping the shift timing at the OE RPMs for optimal engine power curve brings a whole new driving experience to the truck. As a result, the shifts are short, clean and flat out hold as the power is rolled on, you are going love it!
There are several innovative components in this kit. One of them is our line-to-converter feed system which helps the unit run cooler and promotes longer TCC clutch life. Likewise, the TransGo pioneered manual valve reduces overnight forward and reverse delayed engagement complaints due to torque converter drain back. The kit also has an optional “Gear Command” feature that holds 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear to any engine speed. When the gear command feature is installed, this will allow the transmission to be manually down shifted to 1st gear at any speed. This feature is very popular for off road and rock crawling enthusiasts.
Lastly, you can install this kit with the transmission in the truck. On the other hand, there are internal sealing rings furnished in the kit if the transmission is on the bench for overhaul.
*The gear command feature is NOT advised for diesel engines. Also, the PSI output applies to big case units only and will vary depending on oil pump volume output.
- TCC slip or shudder
- Reduces converter drain-back
- Soft shifts
- 2nd band failure
- 3rd clutch failure
- Increases clutch element torque capacity
- Provides short clean shifts as well as an improved TCC engagement feel
- Optional gear command
- (3) High-temp low shrink sealing rings
- Case orifice plug
- Lower 1-2 accumulator spring
- Rear servo springs, spacer and snap ring
- Front servo spring
- Drop-in USA-made hardened steel 1-2 governor valve (for optional gear command)
- Throttle valve spring (for optional later up-shifts)
- Part throttle body transfer plate, pin and two detent limit valve springs
- Mumbly peg (for easy detent spring and ball installation)
- USA-made hardened steel manual valve with converter charge in park provision and cherry bomb
- (3) 3-4 accumulator springs and plug for accumulator housing
- Transfer plate, tapered plug, spring, checkball and limit bushing
- (2) 3-4 quick fill valve springs
- Main valve body separator plate
- Solenoid body plate
- Boost valve bracket
- PR valve shim, spring seat and inner spring for line-to-converter feed provision as well as outer spring for increased pressure
- (3) Drill bits
- (2) Pan Gaskets