- Distributor Part Numbers
- Installation Icons
- Related Products
- General Details
This 4L80E-3 Reprogramming Kit fits 1991 to 2013 General Motors vehicles equipped with the 4L80E and 4L85E automatic transmission with gas engines only. Common complaints on this transmission are no upshifts, soft 2-3 shift, burnt direct frictions, broken hard parts as well as gear ratio and solenoid performance codes.
The boost valve assembly is notorious for wear causing both low pressure as well as runaway boost pressure. With the low boost pressure problem, the resulting complaints are a soft 2-3 shift, direct clutch failure as well as the gear ratio and solenoid performance codes. On the other hand, the runaway boost pressure problem can result in a costly broken case, direct drum and piston failure.
Features and benefits:
This TransGo Reprogramming Kit provides full manual control for upshifting and downshifting 1st through 4th gear, there are no automatic shift functions retained. This kit delivers short firm shifts for performance as well as greater overall durability. It is designed for the off-road driver only and for vehicles that do not have any TCM controls. It’s all about providing the required gears when there are no computer controls. Similarly, the internal vacuum modulator setup provides an aggressive line pressure curve and regulation without the need for a TCM.
The included valve body, pump and internal components are calibrated to work in concert with an aggressive line pressure curve that will greatly improve the overall durability and shift feel of the transmission. Also, the laminated triple separator plate provides dual feed for the 3rd gear clutch without having to dismantle the transmission. Dual feeding the 3rd gear clutch triples the torque capacity of the 3rd gear clutch which is the Achilles heel of this transmission. In addition, the included highly improved wide land design boost valve and bushing resists wear so that pressure regulation functions consistently for the long haul. Lastly, the EPC boost pressure relief valve system provided helps protect against accidental runaway boost pressure to stop the case and direct drum failure.
There are no provisions included in this kit for the torque converter clutch operation, therefore, if you are going to run a TCC you will need to wire it up to a toggle switch for which parts and instructions are not furnished. On the other hand, if you are going to install a converter with NO clutch, then the installation of #48-CCV is advised for maximum coupling and cooling.
- High pressure parts breakage
- Soft 2-3 shift
- Burnt direct clutch
- Low pressure due to solenoid filter breakup
- Provides full manual control for upshifting and downshifting 1st through 4th gear
- Accumulator valve spring, end plug and O-ring
- Relief valve system plate, valve, spring, e-clip and nuts
- 3-4 Shift valve spring
- 2-3 Shift valve spring
- 1-2 shift valve end plug and retainer
- Heavy duty intermediate case snap ring
- Actuator filter tapered plug, O-ring, spring and end plug
- (4) Drill bits
- Laminated valve body triple separator plate
- Valve body separator plate and accumulator body gaskets
- 3rd accumulator spring
- USA-made hardened boost valve and bushing
- Pressure regulator valve spacer, washer, springs and snap ring
- New stronger 4th feed bolt and washer
- 1-2 accumulator spring
- (16) Direct clutch return springs
- Brass fitting
- Vacuum modulator, pin, valve and bushing
- Hold down bracket
- Elbow vacuum hose and spring
- (4) Short zip ties
- (5) Long zip ties
- Vacuum tee