- Distributor Part Numbers
- Related Products
- General Details
This TransGo U151 SHIFT KIT® Valve Body Repair Kit fits 2001 and newer Toyota and Lexus vehicles equipped with the U150, U151 and U250 series automatic transmissions. Common complaints with these transmissions are shuttle shifts, bind-up or flare on 2-3 shift, slips with throttle in 3rd and/or 4th, TCC slip codes as well as solenoid performance codes.
The first area of concern leading to complaints is a worn-out TCC boost valve and bushing. When the TCC boost valve and bushing wear out, the computer can no longer control the apply rate of the lock-up as it is supposed to.
Another area of concern is a worn-out solenoid modulator valve bore. The purpose of solenoid modulator valve is to limit the pressure going to solenoids, just like an AFL valve or solenoid pressure regulator valve does on other units. The modulating valve spring is calibrated to prevent solenoid feed pressure from exceeding a predetermined PSI, no matter what main line pressure is. This is necessary to prevent more fluid from being fed to the solenoids than they can effectively regulate and to limit what max line pressure output is. If the pressure feeding the solenoids is too high or too low, output will also be too high or too low. As a result, shift quality complaints and codes can occur along with low or high main line pressure.
The OE aluminum clutch apply control valve is also prone to sticking in its bore causing 2-3 shift complaints.
Features and benefits:
The kit includes a drop-in USA-made hardened steel TCC boost valve and bushing to restores the hydraulic circuit integrity. Similarly, a new redesigned drop-in solenoid modulator valve system does not require any tooling. The furnished valve, spring and bushing will restore the solenoid modulator valve function using the existing worn bore. Lastly a new drop-in USA-made hardened steel clutch apply control valve will prevent it from sticking in the bore like the OE aluminum valve does.
- Shuttle shifts
- Bind-up or flare on 2-3 shift
- Slips with throttle in 3rd and/or 4th
- TCC slip codes
- Solenoid performance codes
- USA-made hardened steel TCC boost valve and bushing
- USA-made hardened steel clutch apply control valve
- USA made hardened steel solenoid modulator valve, spring and bushing
- 0.055” Drill bit
- Always inspect the boost valve and sleeve for wear. The life of the transmission depends on it for proper line rise. If you see any wear, we have a replacement# U151-BOOST.
- Accumulator piston and/or bore worn out? Our replacement accumulator piston # AW-ACCUM is made of hardened steel, fitted with scarf-cut sealing rings to provide a good seal even in worn out valve body bores.