- Distributor Part Numbers
- Related Products
- General Details
This TransGo TFOD-Diesel SHIFT KIT® Valve Body Repair Kit fits 1988 to 2003 Dodge, Ram and Jeep vehicles equipped with the A518, 46RH, 46RE, A618, 47RH and 47RE TorqueFlite four speed automatic transmission with gas or diesel engines. This kit does not fit the 48RE transmission or the 2003 Dodge trucks with the 8th VIN code of ‘C’. Common complaints on this transmission are TCC slip or shudder, 2nd gear band and direct clutch failure as well as torque converter drain-back.
Features and benefits:
The kit includes valve body and internal components that are designed for higher operating pressures. As a result, with MAX main line pressure set to 125 psi in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear and up to 150 psi in 4th or in lock-up, this kit provides a significant increase in torque capacity for all of the friction elements including the TCC clutch. These elevated pressure specs are ideal for the heavy-duty work truck as well as for pulling the fishing boat to the loading ramp. With the kit installed it brings a whole new driving experience to the truck while keeping the shift timing at the OE RPM’s for the optimal engine power curve. Therefore, the shifts are short and clean with no harshness, bangs or clangs.
There are several innovative components in this kit. For instance, our line-to-converter feed system which helps the unit run cooler and promotes longer TCC clutch life. Also included is a TransGo pioneered manual valve to reduce overnight forward and reverse delayed engagement complaints due to torque converter drain back.
Lastly, you can install this kit with the transmission in the truck. On the other hand, there are internal sealing rings furnished in the kit if the transmission is on the bench for overhaul.
- TCC slip or shudder
- Reduces converter drain-back
- 2nd band failure
- 3rd clutch failure
- Increases TCC and clutch element torque capacity
- Improves TCC engagement feel
- Provides short clean shifts
- (3) High-temp low shrink sealing rings
- Lower 1-2 accumulator spring
- Case orifice plug
- Front servo return spring
- Throttle valve spring (for optional later up-shifts)
- Part throttle body transfer plate, pin and two detent limit valve springs
- Mumbly peg (for easy detent spring and ball installation)
- USA-made hardened steel manual valve with converter charge in park provision and cherry bomb
- (3) 3-4 accumulator springs and plug for accumulator housing
- Transfer plate, tapered plug, spring, checkball and limit bushing
- (2) 3-4 quick fill valve springs
- Main valve body separator plate
- Solenoid body plate
- Boost valve bracket and optional tuning plate
- PR valve shim, spring seat and inner spring for line-to-converter feed provision as well as outer spring for increased pressure
- (2) Drill bits