- Distributor Part Numbers
- Related Products
- General Details
This TransGo Allison SHIFT KIT® Valve Body Repair Kit fits 2001 to 2005 General Motors vehicles equipped with the Allison 1000, 2000 and 2400 five-speed automatic transmission. Common complaints on this transmission are neutralizes under high load in 4th or 5th, burnt C2 clutch plates, no move forward or reverse, stuck in one gear as well as gear ratio and solenoid performance codes. Note: The five-speeds have an external MLP switch, while the six-speeds have an internal MLP switch.
The C2 clutch is the weak link of this Allison transmission leading to 3-4 slip complaints as well as neutralizing under heavy load in 4th and 5th and burnt C2 clutch plates. Complaints of no move after the vehicle has been parked with the engine off for an extended period of time are due to excessive torque converter drain-back and loss of pump prime.
Features and benefits:
The kit’s valve body components together with the internal modifications are designed to provide substantial gains in friction plate durability. With this kit installed the friction torque capacity of the C2 is increased by approximately 111%, while the C3 and C4 brake is increased by approximately 100%. Both increases in percentage values are when the lock-up clutch is off and line pressure is at maximum. Lastly, the TCC limit and lube regulator valve springs provided combats the excessive drain-back and loss of pump prime complaints on 2001-2003 models.
- Slip 3-4
- Neutralizes under load in 4th or 5th
- Burnt C2 and C3 friction plates
- No move after being parked for an extended time
- Loss of pump prime
- Stuck in one gear
- Codes: P0732, P0733, P0734, P0735, P0766 and P0777
- (2) C2 piston orifice cup plugs
- (32) C2 piston return springs
- (2) Drill bits
- (2) USA-made hardened steel trim valves, balls, inner and outer springs
- TCC limit valve spring
- Lube regulator valve spring
- Parking pawl pin and spring
- Extension and pump housing gaskets