- Distributor Part Numbers
- Related Products
- General Details
This TransGo 700-JR SHIFT KIT® Valve Body Repair Kit fits 1988 to 1993 General Motors vehicles equipped with the 700R4/4L60 automatic transmission. This kit was designed for the 1988-1993 units with a type two valve body. For the type one valve bodies 1982-1987 use #SK 700.
The common complaints and failures are: 2-4 band and 3-4 clutch failure, an unreliable TV system is the root cause of the band and 3-4 clutch failure as well as late or early shifts. Other complaints are 1-2 slide bump, 2-3 cut-loose, low/reverse clutch failure, no 4th or falling out of 4th as well as 4-3-4-3 shuttle shifts and the infamous 3-2 downshift bang with the lever in the D3 range.
Features and benefits:
This kit features our patented BOOTSTRAP® TV system that cures these complaints and failures. Once the TV system was functional, the surrounding systems needed to be calibrated to work with the all new TV system.
- TV that won’t adjust properly causing late shifts or early shifts
- Sticking TV valve
- 2-4 band failure
- 3-4 clutch failure
- Soft or slide-bump 1-2 shift
- 2-3 cut-loose
- Falls out of 4th or no 4th gear
- Converter shudder
- No Stick TV valve, springs, spacer and aluminum washer
- (2) 1-2 accumulator springs and seat
- Pressure regulator valve spring and snap ring
- Servo cushion spring and shim (for band adjustment)
- (3) TV valve springs, TV valve, spacer and aluminum washer
- (3) Accumulator valve springs
- (3) Line bias valve springs
- 5/16” plastic checkball