- Distributor Part Numbers
- Related Products
- General Details
This 4L60E-3 Reprogramming Kit fits 1993 to 2008 General Motors vehicles equipped with the 4L60E, 4L65E and 4L70E automatic transmission. Common complaints on this transmission are TCC slip or shudder, code P1870 or P0894, harsh 1-2 shift, double bump shifts, 2-3 flare up, burnt 3-4 clutch plates as well as inconsistent pressure boost problems.
Features and benefits:
This TransGo Reprogramming Kit provides full manual control for upshifting and downshifting 1st through 4th gear, there are no automatic shift functions retained. This kit delivers short firm shifts for performance as well as greater overall durability, it is designed for the off-road driver only and for vehicles that do not have any TCM controls. It’s all about providing the required gears when there are no computer controls. Similarly, the internal vacuum modulator setup and the .500” boost valve (both furnished) provide an aggressive line pressure curve and regulation without the need for a TCM. This kit can be installed while the transmission is in the vehicle on 1993-2006 models only without the input speed sensor. 2007 and later models equipped with the input speed sensor require transmission removal.
This kit also includes #7-CS 3-4 clutch piston return spring kit for the input drum which reduces centrifugal 3-4 clutch apply and failure in 1st gear at 5500 RPM or higher, transmission removal required. The instructions also include the procedure to easily convert it back to work with a factory or aftermarket TCM.
Lastly, there are no provisions included in this kit for the torque converter clutch operation. Therefore, if you are going to run a TCC you will need to wire it up to a toggle switch for which parts and instructions are not furnished. On the other hand, if you are going to install a converter with NO clutch, then the installation of #4L6-CCV (not included in the 4L60E-3 kit, requires transmission removal) is advised for maximum coupling and cooling.
- Burnt 2-4 band and 3-4 clutch plates
- Burnt forward and low/reverse clutch plates
- Pump and valve bore wear due to erratic pump slide bounce
- Provides full manual control for upshifting and downshifting 1st through 4th gear only
- Second servo spacers, shims and O-rings
- 1-2 accumulator spring, spacer and three spacers
- (2) Pressure regulator valve springs, spacer, boost valve, bushing and snap ring
- .500” boost valve, bushing and snap ring
- (2) Reverse input piston orifice cup plugs
- 3-4 Shift valve spring
- 3-2 Downshift valve spring
- 3-2 Control valve spring
- 1-2 accumulator valve spring
- USA-made hardened steel 2-3 shuttle valve, solid spring, steel ball and tapered spring
- USA-made hardened steel 1-2 shift valve and spacer
- Low valve spring
- Slug for valve body separator plate
- 3-4 accumulator spring
- (4) Drill bits
- (2) Valve body gaskets
- Pan gasket
- 3-4 clutch return springs
- 3-4 clutch orifice capsule
- Forward clutch return springs and installation washer
- Brass fitting
- Vacuum modulator, pin, valve and bushing
- Elbow vacuum hose and spring
- (4) Short zip ties
- (5) Long zip ties
- Vacuum tee
Complemented when used with #7-2P.
These products work great together!