- Distributor Part Numbers
- Related Products
- General Details
General Motors vehicles equipped with Turbo HydraMatic 125 and 125C automatic transmissions often suffer from premature band failure, 3-2 downshift clunk, reverse slip / shudder, lock-up shudder, converter drainback, and pressure regulator valve buzz.
The TransGo SK 125 SHIFT KIT® Valve Body Repair Kit includes parts as well as complete technical information to fix those common issues. Once re-calibrated with this kit, the band apply is 6 to 8 times faster during a 3-2 downshift. This eliminates the accidental 3-1 downshift heavy kick-down shift which inevitably burns the band over time. The kit also provides twice as much oil to the high clutch and 4 times as much oil to keep the band fully released in 3rd gear.
- 3-2 clunk, when stopping 20-14 mph
- Slow, soft, extended or bind up 2-3 shift
- Lock-up shudder on light acceleration or during lock-up
- Reverse-slip / shudder due to boost malfunction
- With this kit, ANY bullet-accumulator exhaust check valve works perfectly, they are just no longer a problem when you install this kit
- Converter drain-back resulting in delay
- Pressure Regulator buzz
- Neutral over bump or railroad track